The significance of after sales service for creating regular customers in the anonymous web.
A customer has ordered on the phone, in writing or online. What should you do now?
- Thank him for the order.
- Send an order confirmation.
- Send goods in time as promised.
- Send information about the dispatch.
- Inform immediately, if you cannot deliver on time.
- Ask the customer whether everything was okay and to evaluate your product and service.
- Promise a gift for the testimonial (e. g. next delivery free of shipping costs).
- Never dismiss a complaint.
- Apologize for inconveniences caused and offer a solution.
- Stay in contact with the customer (e. g. with a newsletter or social networks).
- Inform about product changes and new products.
- Simplify the order processing (online 3 steps at most).
- Reward loyalty (incentives, discounts).
- Show the customer respect.
- Be personal, not anonymous.
Quality means that the customer comes back and not the goods. Bad news travel faster than good news. Therefore a good reputation of the company, the product and the service are very important.
You can send the order confirmation, dispatch advice, information about receipt of a return delivery or credit note automated with standard texts. But always send an answer to a customer complaint personalised and individualised with a contact person. “Your customer service” in the signature is impersonal and anonymous and does not inspire confidence.
In short: Win the trust of the customer and keep it.
Here is an infographic customer service you can download.