- Your website
- Social networks (e. g. Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Google Maps and Google+ Local, Foursquare
- Online classified directories (e. g. yellowbook, yellow pages)
- Online promotion (e. g. Google AdWords, ads in YouTube, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Pinterest product pins)
- Blogs (e. g. on your website, Google Blogger, WordPress)
- Forums (e. g. Google product forum)
- Press portals (e. g. openPR, PR Newswire, World Newspapers)
- Google AdWords (paid ads)
- SEO (search engine optimisation)
In social networks you can post news about your company and products and engage with potential customers. LinkedIn is ideal for international companies.
A Google Maps entry is usually created automatically on the basis of online directories. For all local businesses I recommend to create a Google+ Local entry with more information.
In a company blog you can blog about issues related to your company and try to engage with potential customers with comments and discussions.
In a forum or press portal you can show your expertise. Google+ authorship (linking your Google+ profile with your website) will improve your ranking in the search results.
Here you can download slides and an infographic how to be found in the web.
Social Media - The possibilities in the web
Infographic Searching online
How are you found in the web? Please share your experiences.